We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Postdoc and a Ph.D. student willing to join our Group undertaking a new, 3-year “First Team” research project entitled Integrated optics in time-frequency domain: a new versatile platform for quantum technologies, funded by the Foundation for Polish Science. The project aims at research in the field of theoretical condensed matter as well as theoretical and experimental quantum optics. The research will be carried out in international collaboration with groups from the University of Oxford (United Kingdom) and the University of Paderborn (Germany).
- Completed master studies in physics, preferably with specialization in quantum optics and/or condensed matter; in case of a postdoc position – a PhD diploma in physics
- Ambitious hard-working with high motivation for scientific work and strong will for self-development
- Numerical programming practice, basic knowledge of mathematical tools (e.g. Matlab or Wolfram Mathematica) and general computer software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Skype)
- Practical knowledge of English (B2 level or above)
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Mobility (ability to travel within the EU and worldwide)
- A copy of a university diploma
- Recommendation letter from the last scientific supervisor; additional recommendation letters (e.g. from other senior researchers) are welcome
- Scientific curriculum vitae, focusing on achievements relevant for Ph.D. studies (e.g. previous participation in scientific activities, collaborations, internships, stipends, publications, scientific interests)
- Motivational letter stating why the candidate is willing to participate in this research project
- Optional: a copy of a document certifying candidate?s knowledge of English
The required documents must be sent by e-mail in PDF format to email@example.com. The recruitment committee will interview selected candidates before making the final decision. The candidates should be able to deliver original copies of the documents on demand. The final decision will be announced to the candidates as soon as the Foundation for Polish Science accepts the recruitment results.
Future PhD students: Application deadline is 15 June 2018. We are offering a stipend of 4500 PLN / 1100 EUR tax-free for 3 years. The position starts in Summer 2018.
Future Postdocs: Application deadline is 1 August 2018. We are offering a full-time position for 12 months with a possibility of prolonging. The salary is ca. 8500 PLN / 2100 EUR net. The position starts in Fall 2018.
Please include in your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”